Hemp Oil Benefits & Uses: What Are the Health Benefits of Hemp Oil?
Dec 18, 2019
Hemp is one of the most versatile plants on the planet. From its nutritional value to industrial and even aesthetic properties, the benefits of using hemp are making it increasingly popular to use in a variety of products.
While legal and non-psychoactive, hemp is oftentimes confused with recreational cannabis, commonly referred to as marijuana. It can be helpful to know that, while the three are related, they are not the same thing.
Cannabis is a classification of plants, and recreational cannabis makes up the many varieties within the cannabis family. However, hemp and recreational cannabis have a distinct difference in their chemical makeup, specifically in the amount of THC they contain.
THC is the psychoactive compound that gives the ‘high’ that recreational cannabis is known for, and it is this THC content that decides the legality of each plant. Cannabis flower that is high in THC is illegal in many places around the United States, but hemp has so little THC that is legal in most places.
Hemp-infused products are growing in popularity because of the plant’s healing properties and myriad of benefits. Present in everything from industrial products to lotions, oils and foods, it is easy to incorporate hemp into your life to reap the benefits for yourself.
Here are some of the benefits of hemp:
- Some consider hemp to be a superfood. Hemp seeds are a complete source of protein, which means they provide all nine essential amino acids. These acids are critical for building muscle, breaking down food and repairing tissue in the body. Few plant-based foods are a complete source of protein, which makes hemp seeds especially helpful for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet.
- Hemp seeds are full of fatty acids, something the body can’t produce on its own. Fatty acids, like omega-3s and omega-6s, must come from your diet. In general, people tend to eat too many omega-6s and too few omega-3s, so adding hemp seeds to your diet can improve that balance.
- Hemp seeds contain a significant serving of fiber. The fiber from hemp comes from its outer shell. The seeds are available to purchase with the shell intact, if you are looking for a culinary adventure. Fiber contributes to stabilizing blood sugar and maintaining gut health.
- Hemp Oil can be used for personal care. It can be consumed orally through a tincture or capsule, or applied topically, with hemp-infused creams and hemp balms.
- Hemp can be used in a beauty routine. Fatty acids like the ones found in hemp, which includes omega-3s, maintain the moisture level in your hair, which makes it strong and shiny. Hemp can also be used in makeup products that preserve healthy skin.
- Hemp can support the quality of life of your pets. Studies have shown that incorporating hemp into your pet's routine may have tremendous benefits on their health.
- Hemp can serve as an integral resource because of its cost-efficiency and eco-friendly properties. Hemp can be used to produce crucial resources like rope, clothing, paper, fuel, carpet, and makeup, and even more surprising things like surfboards and batteries. It could even replace plastic products as a nontoxic alternative, making everyday products safer to use.
- Hemp is environmentally-friendly. Some kinds of hemp are 100% biodegradable. It requires little to no chemicals in its production can be grown without the use of pesticides. In fact, growing hemp actually improves the condition of soil, making it one of the best ecologically beneficial agricultural crops.
The benefits of using hemp-derived products hold great potential for not only improving your quality of life, but the health of our planet as well. Our mission at Plus CBD Oil is to provide the highest quality products on the market to enhance your wellbeing, so if you are interested in learning more about the benefits of our products, our customer service agents are always here to support you.