Importing Hemp Into the US – PlusCBD™ Oil

Written By: CV Sciences

Jun 8, 2016

Importing Hemp Into the US – PlusCBD™ Oil

Plus CBD Oil sources its CBD from European agricultural hemp that is grown under strict EU guidelines. For most American businesses, the opportunity to source hemp domestically hasn’t yet been realized. Much of the debate about domestic hemp in the United States has been confused with changing state laws pertaining to marijuana. Although they are technically the same plant, their chemical compositions are measurably different in very important ways. Unlike marijuana, hemp has been legal to import and purchase in the United States for decades. So how much hemp are we already buying? And where is it coming from?

Hemp is currently a $500 million industry in the United States. The hemp that makes this industry is almost entirely imported, and most often from Canada and China. Over the past five years, it is unclear how much hemp Americans have imported in the form of fiber, plastics, foods, and beauty products. States like Vermont have recognized the immense range of uses that agricultural hemp might have: In 2013 they passed Act 84, a law that cites hemp as useful in producing “high-strength fiber, textiles, clothing, biofuel, paper products, protein-rich foods, biodegradable plastics, resins, nontoxic medicinal and cosmetic products, construction materials, rope, value-added crafts, livestock feed and bedding, stream buffering, erosion control, water and soil purification and weed control.”

Plus CBD Oil is the United States’ market leading agricultural hemp-based nutritional supplement. It is backed by a formal safety review and is further supported by physician recommendations and a growing set of case reports. It is important to note that Plus CBD Oil does not claim that its products treat, cure or mitigate diseases or their symptoms. As is always the case with any dietary supplement, you should consult your physician before taking Plus CBD Oil. CBD is not intended for people under the age of 18, or for those who are pregnant or lactating.