Why is topical hemp mentioned in the papyri of the Egyptians? Why is it on the stone tablets of the Assyrians? Why has hemp been used as a topical in India for at least the last 3,000 years?
Because it works.
There’s an immense amount of research on how the human endocannabinoid system is involved in the maintenance and homeostasis of our largest organ, the skin.
But a CBD oil balm is not defined by its hemp alone. The other ingredients in our CBD balm are what makes it a top-shelf CBD product, especially for soothing skin.
Here’s what we add to make it special:
(This is intended for educational purposes and is not meant to be a product claim.)
- Sweet almond oil - Since ancient times, Hindus have used a paste of crushed almonds as a cleanser of the body. Now one of the most frequently used oils in beauty products and one of the most adaptable, it's used in formulas designed to reduce fine lines, moisturize the skin, and create a glow. Almond oil is a powerful antioxidant ingredient that functions as an ideal massage oil. It is non-comedogenic (does not block the pores) and is extremely well-tolerated, even for delicate baby skin.
- Beeswax - utilized for skin health since before written history, beeswax has the unique property of causing three different kinds of moisturizing:
- humectant - pulling moisture from the air to the skin.
- emollient - directly moisturizing the skin.
- occlusive - creating a barrier to seal in moisture
(a German study found beeswax superior to other barrier creams.)
- Glyceryl stearate - a naturally derived fatty acid found in palm kernels, olives, coconut oil, and the human body, glyceryl stearate is added because it thickens the formula - making it smooth and creamy - while also moisturizing like an emollient
- Willow bark extract - used for centuries to soothe irritated skin, this versatile extract contains salicin [the anti-inflammatory from which salicylic acid is derived (aspirin)], as well as being high in tannins, phenolic acids, flavonoids and various minerals that soothe the skin, aid in cell regeneration and create a more youthful, refreshed complexion
- Scouring rush horsetail extract - an herbal remedy for centuries, horsetail stands out in the cosmetics world because it is reported to contain more silica and silica acids than any other herb, in a form highly absorbable by the body. This high content of silica helps to maintain the connections of our skin to soothe, tighten, and rejuvenate
- Tea leaf extract - made from the leaves and buds of green tea, this extract is a potent antioxidant that moisturizes the skin both as an emollient and a humectant.
- Safflower seed oil - It acts as a lubricant for the skin and is beneficial fatty acids help diminish signs of aging and the occurrence of dry skin.
When you try our balm for yourself, you’ll see why it’s so popular. It’s not CBD isolate thrown into some carrier oil. It’s a high quality balm made from true agricultural hemp and carefully selected ingredients to make a soothing sensation that you can feel all the way down to your soul.
Produced with the highest standards of quality:
- No artificial dyes, fragrances, phthalates, sulfates, parabens, or PEGs
- No animal testing
- Made from non-GMO EU-certified hemp seeds
- Always third party tested
Buy our balm today to see how good your skin (and self) can feel.