CBD Lotions & Creams
CBD Lotions & CreamsWhy is topical hemp mentioned in the papyri of the Egyptians? Why is it on the stone tablets of the Assyrians? Why has hemp been used as a topical in India for at least the last 3,000 years?
Because it works.
There’s an immense amount of research on how the human endocannabinoid system is involved in the maintenance and homeostasis of our largest organ, the skin.
The cannabinoids produced by the hemp plant interact with the endocannabinoids in our skin to soften, smooth, and beautify skin. And it’s not only the cannabinoids. Our hemp extracts also include vitamin E, the terpenes that give the plants their smell, and perhaps most importantly, the rich fatty acids that moisturize.
But a topical CBD product is not defined by its hemp alone. The other natural ingredients in our CBD lotions and CBD creams are what make them top-shelf products, especially for soothing and moisturizing all skin types from normal to dry skin.
The 3 general types of moisturizers are emollients, occlusives, and humectants. Emollients soften the skin. Occlusives form a barrier that locks moisture in. And humectants pull water out of the air itself. We combine these together to create a superior CBD skin product.
In every CBD lotion and CBD cream, we include:
(This is intended for educational purposes and is not meant to be a product claim.)
- Argan oil - Still produced by hand in Morocco, argan oil is one of humanity’s oldest plants for hydrating the skin and helping with skin elasticity.
- Safflower seed oil - Because it acts as a lubricant for the skin and its beneficial fatty acids, it helps diminish signs of aging and the occurrence of dry skin.
- Glycerin - This simple yet effective compound is widely used in the beauty industry because it’s often called ‘the Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Care Ingredient’. As a humectant, glycerin acts like a sponge that pulls water from the deeper layer of the skin as well as from the air, bringing moisture and soothing to your skin’s outer layer. Especially nonreactive, it’s used for chronic winter dryness as well as in products for those with sensitive skin.
In our two CBD lotions - Grapefruit and Lavender - we have a few more ingredients that we’re proud of:
- Shea butter - Made from the nut of an African tree, shea butter was reportedly a favorite of both Cleopatra and the Queen of Sheba. It’s been used in Africa for millennia and shea butter’s ability to moisturize and soften the skin is primarily because of its huge composition of fatty acids.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate - A major component of palm oil, this saturated fatty ester functions as a moisturizer.
In our Lavender CBD topical cream:
- Marula oil - From the marula fruit of southern Africa, it’s earned both the nicknames “The Elixir of Youth” and “The African Beauty Secret.” This oil is lightweight and easily absorbed, making it beneficial for smoothing fine lines in the face, preventing stretch marks, and keeping skin hydrated. It’s traditionally been used by the Tsonga people as a moisturizing body lotion for women and a massage oil for babies.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - A medium-chain fatty acid found naturally in the milk of various mammals (but sourced from plants), it offers a noticeable silkiness to the cream’s texture and provides excellent antioxidant properties.
- Bergamot fruit oil - One of the most common ingredients in perfumery, it’s said that bergamot essential oil was a major component of the original Eau de Cologne. The oil is obtained by a cold pressing of the fruit and yields a complex mixture of over 300 compounds. In the folk medicine of Europe, it’s used as a topical product for the skin.
So it’s not only our hemp CBD oil that makes our CBD lotions and creams so special. It’s all the care we put into the finest ingredients to help that hemp work even better.
Our CBD lotions and creams are produced with the highest standards of quality:
- No artificial dyes, fragrances, phthalates, sulfates, parabens, or PEGs
- No animal testing
- Made from non-GMO EU-certified hemp seeds
- Always third party tested
Try our CBD Lotions and CBD Topical Creams today to see how healthy, soft, and rich your skin can feel.
CBD Lotions & Creams FAQ
We have found CBD and the other ingredients in a well-made full spectrum hemp extract to be helpful in enhancing health in healthy people and to restore balance and homeostasis to the human system. This dovetails with the long use of hemp in human history for health. And while the scientific research that has been done on CBD is immense, more clinical work needs to be done.
We make no medical claims for these products, and you shouldn’t deal with any company that does.
Grown using only water, earth, and sunlight, the plants are cared for by our farmer partners who have been doing this for a long time. Once harvested, the plants undergo extraction by CO2 - a method chosen for its safety, environmental friendliness, and CO2’s ability to pull out the wide array of bioactive molecules available in the hemp plant. We take a lot of pride in the high quality of our CBD-rich full spectrum hemp extracts.
We’re not just throwing CBD isolate or hemp extract into some carrier oil and calling it a great topical. Our lotions and creams are renowned for using the highest quality ingredients and a rich array of plants, the ones usually only found in the expensive section of your skincare aisle.
We believe that the cannabinoids in the hemp plant help to enhance the health of skin. That’s the reason it’s been used topically for millennia (and mentioned in so many ancient medical texts). But even if these lotions and creams had no hemp CBD extract, we still believe they’d be an excellent addition to your skin care regimen. If you look up the ingredients in any of our topical products, you’ll be impressed with the scientific evidence and opinion on their efficacy. We choose the best for you (and for us).
It’s truly a superior topical CBD oil product.