CBD Skin Serums
CBD Skin SerumWhy is topical hemp mentioned in the papyri of the Egyptians? Why is it on the stone tablets of the Assyrians? Why has hemp been used as a topical in India for at least the last 3,000 years?
Because it works.
There’s an immense amount of research on how the human endocannabinoid system is involved in the maintenance and homeostasis of our largest organ, the skin.
The cannabinoids produced by the hemp plant interact with the endocannabinoids in our skin to soften, smooth, and beautify skin. And it’s not only the cannabinoids. Our hemp extracts also include the vitamin E, the terpenes that give the plants their smell, and perhaps most importantly, the rich fatty acids that moisturize.
But a CBD topical is not defined by its hemp alone. The other ingredients in our CBD skin serum is what makes it such a top shelf product, especially for soothing and moisturizing.
(This is intended for educational purposes and is not meant to be a product claim.)
- Jojoba - Although frequently referred to as jojoba oil, it is, in fact, a wax. When applied to the skin, it forms a water-resistant barrier to lock in moisture, helping to moisturize and soften the skin.
- Squalane - Produced by plants and animals as a precursor to making cholesterol and hormones, squalene is a natural moisturizer that tends to peak in our skin in the teen years. Its more stable relative, squalane, is a natural component of the human sebum that keeps our skin healthy. Squalane absorbs into the skin to moisturize and to soothe.
- Rice bran oil - With a high percentage of fatty acids and many natural antioxidants, this oil is a natural emollient that provides good hydration for the skin as well as protecting it.
Bisabolol - A terpene from the essential oil of the German chamomile, a flower that’s been used in cosmetics for hundreds of years for its ability to restore suppleness to skin and to enhance the appearance of dry skin by its protective properties.
- Sea buckthorn kernel oil - Sometimes referred to as the ‘holy fruit of the Himalayas’, Sea buckthorn oil has been used for thousands of years as a natural remedy and is popular in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine. The oil distributes easily over the skin and absorbs quickly. Particularly high in polyunsaturated fats and antioxidants, it promotes younger looking skin.
- Kokum seed butter - The large seeds of this evergreen contain the rich kokum butter that stays as a solid even at room temperature. It’s used to improve the moisture content of almost every part of the body, including your skin, feet, scalp, and hands. It’s ability to moisturize and its powerful antioxidants make it a common ingredient for sensitive skin.
- Shea butter - Made from the nut of an African tree, shea butter was reportedly a favorite of both Cleopatra and the Queen of Sheba. It’s been used in Africa for millennia, and shea butter’s ability to moisturize and soften the skin is primarily because of its huge composition of fatty acids.
- Elaeis Guineensis (palm) butter - This tree of Africa produces an oil with a use by humans dating back at least 5,000 years. In traditional African medicine, different parts of the plants are used for many reasons. This moisturizing butter has a naturally high level of antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins, and carotenoids - especially beta-carotene, one of the richest natural sources for this important promoter of skin health.
- Coconut oil - What needs to be said? Throughout the globe, wherever you find coconuts growing, you find people using it for their skin. It’s an emollient moisturizer that’s recommended as the oil of choice for baby massages.
- Turmeric root extract - Long used in Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese, turmeric is packed with carboyhdrates, proteins, fats and minerals - plus the curcuminoids that seem to make turmeric so unique. Its antioxidants protect and soothe the skin by quenching free radicals.
- Lavender oil - One of the most versatile and widely used essential oils in history, the Greeks used it as a perfume and the Greeks and Romans bathed in it. A typical oil of lavender contains over 100 compounds with an array of positive effects on the skin.
- Bergamot peel oil - Long used in Italian folk medicine, bergamot is now one of the most common ingredients used in perfumery.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - Often called ‘the hydration miracle’ for its ability to hold 1000x its weight in water, this complex sugar is found in the connective tissue of humans, as well as our outer layer of skin. It supports the body’s collagen and helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin because it serves as a water reservoir, helping to regulate the skin’s water content. Aging causes our skin to not hold moisture as well when sodium hyaluronate levels begin to drop, so topping up your natural levels helps to keep sensitive skin healthy and supple.
- Meadowfoam seed oil - One of the most stable vegetable oils known, it’s widely used in cosmetics because of its smooth feel and strength as an emollient moisturizer.
So it’s not only our hemp that makes our CBD skin serum so special. It’s all the care we put into the finest ingredients to help our that hemp extract work even better.
Our products are produced with the highest standards of quality:
- No artificial dyes, fragrances, phthalates, sulfates, parabens, or PEGs
- No animal testing
- Made from non-GMO EU-certified hemp seeds
- Always third party tested
Try our CBD skin serum today to see how healthy, soft, and rich your skin can feel.
CBD Skin Serums FAQ
We have found CBD and the other ingredients in a well-made full spectrum hemp extract to be helpful in enhancing health in healthy people and to restore balance and homeostasis to the human system. This dovetails with the long use of hemp in human history for health. And while the scientific research that has been done on CBD is immense, more clinical work needs to be done.
We make no medical claims for these products, and you shouldn’t deal with any company that does.
Grown using only water, earth, and sunlight, the plants are cared for by our farmer partners who have been doing this for a long time. Once harvested, the plants undergo extraction by CO2 - a method chosen for its safety, environmental friendliness, and CO2’s ability to pull out the wide array of bioactive molecules available in the hemp plant. We take a lot of pride in the high quality of our CBD-rich full spectrum hemp extracts. All of our CBD oil products are derived from.